The overwhelming majority of classified ad posters have nothing but good
intentions. While negative ramifications resulting from web-based classified ad
activity have been extremely minimal, one can never be too cautious when it
comes to personal safety.
Unscrupulous people and scams can hit you anywhere. As Zamrea, we want to protect our users and help them take care of their security, so we have collected the most relevant information and tips on what to look out.
It’s very important to always take the same precautions online as you would in the physical world. If your classified ad activity results in a one-on-one meeting, always remember to:
- Insist on meeting in a public place like a coffee shop
- Tell a friend or family member where you’re going or take them along with you.
- If you own a cell phone, take it with you,
- Trust your instincts. If something doesn’t seem quite right, something is probably amiss.
The best way to avoid fraud is to contact the seller or the buyer directly, to see the item and pay for it or collect money.
Also be careful when buying expensive items such as cell phones, laptops, TVs, airline or event tickets. Never share your personal or bank details (such as your credit card number) with other people online.
Don’t trust the unique, amazing deals and the large sums of money offered for helping with any task. Be careful when paying online – do it safely – do not use the instant cash transfer services to pay for your purchase.
Few other useful tips:
- Stay safe online by protecting your computer or mobile devices against different types of viruses.
- Stay safe online by protecting your account password.
- Stay safe online by avoiding spoof emails and websites.
Some Important Safety Tips
- Always inspect items before paying
- Beware of underpriced offers.
- Avoid to wire money online or advance payments.
- Pay for shipping only if you know the seller
- Be careful when buying high-value items.
- Never share your financial information to make or accept a purchase.
- Beware of unusual/suspicious requests
Always ensure you:
- Meet seller at a safe location
- Check the item before you buy
- Pay only after collecting item
By following these simple classified ad safety tips we can all make the online ad marketplace a much safer experience for everyone.